Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Trip Down Memory Lane


Susan mentioned "The Wiggity" in her comments on our cute family photo where we are all wearing giant white underpants. That sure brought back some memories!
We used to do a LOT of shopping at The Wigwam, which was a discount (and I do mean discount) department store. I couldn't find a picture, but of course Wiki has an article.
I remember having to get a dress to wear to a wedding there, I hated it like you could not believe. It was made out of the scratchiest fabric, my neck was tortured the whole day. AND B-Z got to wear a cute dress, which made it even worse.

3 comments:

Sue said...

and that is where mom used to get her cotton "paris points" bras that i had to starch and iron!

Laurie said...

ack. Thank goodness that era is over. I remember sheets being ironed and other useless tasks.

zaideafraidey said...

can't imagine I got the cute dress at anytime if it wasn't yours first!!