Saturday, November 8, 2008

The 50's Family

Can I say how much I LOVE these pictures of our family!!!??? Top one is dated 1958, before the arrival of the three 'little kids' (sorry Lisa/Jamie/Jon). Dad looks incredibly handsome, Mom is the perfect 50s housewife, and us kids are in various stages of scrap-noodle dress (now I know where my inability to dress neatly started). The Kids Left to right: Judy looking all prissy, Susan crabby that she is forced to wear a dress with red socks, Laurie in incredibly scrappy capris and saddle shoes, Raymond looking all manly in his slacks and t-shirt, B-Z with adorable fat cankles in Little Lotta shoes & socks, and Joey Love flexing for the camera.
No date on this one, but right around the same time period. Most of us must have decided it would be a swell idea to cool off in Toddie & Baba's fish pond or maybe even the cement pool out back. Susan is the only one of us who came prepared with a swimsuit, and Judy is all prissy again in a dress. Love the giant undies! Oh, and B still has those darling chubby legs!

8 comments:

Sue said...

How much do I love these??!! Get some prints made!

Laurie said...

I know they are the BEST! I will do prints

Meg said...

You have no idea the smile these bring to my face. I think you guys must have bought your trainers at Meredith's...remember Car the XXXXL undies we put on our heads. Pics like these are what make me want 20 kids. You are all such a bunch of tough nuts!

Meg said...

I want prints too please:).

Cara said...

meg, i was thinking the EXACT same thing. and oddly enough i was talking to someone about going to meredith's the other day. too funny, and great pics

Katie said...

LOVE the giant underpants, they are too cute! although they are nowhere near as large as the ones from Mer's...

Unknown said...

Seriously, mom. These are going to be great for the family scrap books. I was also starting to see where Tony got his early dressing style. Just add a button up collar and bow-tie to Uncle Ray, and we have a little Tony...

Sue said...

I think Meredith's was too expensive - i am sure these are from Wiggity . . .