Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Small Step for a Woman...

but a giant leap for a Weight Watcher. When I stopped at Walmart (I KNOW. I hate Wally World, but it is close to my house and cheap) for new pants, I was able to buy them 2 sizes smaller. Of course, they are still ginormous, but not as ginorm as when I started WW.

And fellow bloggers will understand this: I was trying to find a good picture to go with this post, so I typed in 'stretch pants' thinking I'd find some big ole ladies in SP. What came up was "Gladys Hippo" from an old Nick series "Rocko's Modern Life": Gladys Hippo is a sunglasses-wearing, stretch pants sporting hippopotamus with whom Rocko would often collide with in Season 1 episodes and get in her way. She would utter her catchphrase, a "How dare you!" at this juncture, which is always in a deep, manly voice, in total contrast to her unnerving high-pitched voice.

But damn, I could not find a picture of Gladys, even though I wasted oh about 2 hours trying.

5 comments:

Katie said...

check Google Images...

and yay for new smaller sizes!!!

Katie said...

www.jrj-socrates.com/.../Gladys_Hippo_300.gif

found this in approximately 4 seconds. fyi.

Katie said...

kay wait that link didn't work... try this: http://www.jrj-socrates.com/Cartoon%20Pics/Nick%20Toons/Rocko/Gladys_Hippo_300.gif

Cara said...

yeah, smaller sizes!! wish i could say the same=(

Sue said...

that is a HUGE step for woman-kind - in a good way! Yay Dodo!