Monday, April 27, 2009

A Couple of New Finished Items

I abandoned my "Mystic Roses" shawl after finishing the first part, didn't really love the pattern. But I loved the red yarn, so will use it for another lace pattern I like better. Meantime, I've been knitting on a few things:
This is a sock from "Knitting Vintage Socks" and is a 19th century pattern, which the author has nicely 'translated' into modern knitting terms. I got the yarn for $8.00 at an estate sale (it's Pagewood Farms Denali, so that was a great deal). The sock has a German Heel, which I'm not sure I love but it was fun to knit something from the Victorian Era. Sock #2 is underway.

This is my second square for my cashmere Aran afghan. It has a big spider and a little bug in the web. Since spiders are the only animal I'm NOT terrified of, I like this square. And the yarn is to die for, soooo soft. No one but me will be using this blankie when I get it done (unless you are very very nice to me)


6 comments:

Katie said...

that square is gorgeous, i love it! and i HATE spiders, but in yarn they are okay.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lis said...

Oh Pia, throwing him under the bus. Hilarious. Love both the sock and blankie.

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

What did I miss with all the deleted comments??? Fill me in, I've been a lame blogger...but I'm back. That blankie is going to be gorgeous!

Laurie said...

Pia made a rude comment of course :-)