Thursday, June 14, 2007

Doll Outfit Challenge




I'm working on 'recreating' an outfit for a doll. Victoria is the owner of the cute little dolly, and I think the outfit and doll are from the early 20th century. She's asked that I copy the sweater, panties and shoe/socks pretty much exactly. Here is the original outfit:



I'm still fiddling around with getting the right gauge for the sweater, but haven't had too much luck thus far:

I'm going to try again, with a lace weight yarn and I think about #000 needles and see if I can come up with the right look. I've got a pretty good idea of how I'm going to knit the sweater, and the panties are pretty straightforward (knit in a strip with the lace edging on the right side, then two of the points are tacked together to make the crotch). The shoes and socks are going to be more challenging with probably some short row shaping involved.




No comments: