Little kids are so brilliant and so funny! Here are some of the great things the boys said this week:
1. we went to Mickey D's to play on the 'toy' due to the hideous weather. I had promised to buy apple dippers for the gang, but I forgot my wallet at home. Liam told me he was starving, and I explained I didn't have any money to buy food. He looked at the table next to us with its tray of leftover food and said "Can't we just eat garbage?"
2. Riveria looked over every single bouquet at Costco and brought me a bouquet of two dozen roses! And he wrote me a note this morning that said "I love you". How sweet is that? Of course, he also wrote me a note that said "bring snow shovel after school or ELSE".
3. Liam again: we were looking at a print that his mom has hanging on the wall, and he was asking how it got made. I explained that the artist painted what was in their imagination, and he asked "Does he see pictures in his mind like I do?" Probably not nearly as wonderful as the ones you see, Liam!
4. Alex and I have a real 'soul connection', it's great being his godmother. He's been loving having me nanny for them, and every night when I tuck him in, he asks me to wake him up as SOON as I get to their house in the morning. The other night, Lorraine was tucking him in, and he asked her with a smile "I wonder what we'll get to do with Laurie tomorrow?" I always get a big hug and kiss from him every morning and night, and it's great to be loved!
5. Michael is such a little rascal! He copies EVERYTHING his big brothers do. Whether it's flying off the couch to land on the piled up cushions, flying down the snowy street with a brother on the sled, or making karate moves, he is all over it. He loves the 'grrr' sweater I knit for him, and though he's not using many words yet, he is a pro at communicating. He wanted to wear it the other day, so he 'acted out' the dog and the grrrr and pointed to his tummy to show where it was supposed to go.