Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday News-day

not really, it's been a pretty quiet day here at Fluther HQ. I'm knitting the front bands of Scandinavian cardigan #4 and then need to find a spot to block three sweaters. I think the boys will look adorable in their matching sweaters! I know you fashionistas hate the red turtlenecks they wear at Christmas, but they will look cute with these sweaters, maybe I can keep all four of them still enough to get a picture.

I'm making progress at the library, the boss no longer has to check my work in Adult fiction and non-fiction. Victory! (the other page still has to have his work checked, neener neener) There was a family there tonight, a mom and I think 3 little kids (seemed like more), they were a total tornado of activity. Since I was working in the little kids' picture book section, they 'helped' me out by tearing through all the videos, books and etc, plus swinging on the tree sculpture. 8:00 closing time couldn't come soon enough lol.

10 comments:

Sue said...

I love the red turtlenecks! And I have a 50% off coupon for Hanna outlets - so if I need to pick up soft pants for you let me know - send me a photo of what you want and I will try to find 'em. Look out Laura Corner - here comes Laurie the Librarian!

Laurie said...

ooh yes, I will def let you know! Or maybe let KT help pick some stuff

Katie said...

i'll check out the website... i love your library updates! they make me smile!

Katie said...

the beach pants and comfort cords are both cute and look 'soft' enough - what do you think mom?

Unknown said...

Are you sure it wasn't Lorraine and the hooligans tearing through your library...

Laurie said...

I DID think what it would be like if the boys visited the library! And Katie, go to the outlet with Susan! they have such cute things there! I think they had some fleece sweats there that would be good...anything with elastic waist and soft. Al won't wear cords or jeans

Meg said...

You are SO funny! Glad you're better than that other old hag of a page. The Hanna Outlet is fab, but still a little pricey. Check out OshKosh too...SO cute and a lot cheaper!

Laurie said...

actually the other page is a young guy, so it's even better

Katie said...

mother, i realize Al won't wear non-soft pants... that's why i suggested the "Comfort Cords" - they look soft and not too ugly/like sweats! :) just look at them on the website. i'm not going to have time to go with Sue to the Outlet, i have to work the next 5 nights before heading across the mountains!

Laurie said...

boo! As of this moment, Alex pretty much won't wear anything BUT sweats with maybe a pair of lined warm-up type pants thrown in there. You know how he is...our little super sensitive to texture guy. And he doesn't care if they are high waters, so we need some cute sweats or something stat! I guess I can get old navy sweats, and Susan can pick some cute pants out at the outlet. Will you call her and advise on what they will/won't wear? xxx