Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My New Favorite List!


While composing the previous post, I stumbled across a list of phobias. I LOVE THEM. Here's my list of things I think I have (or would like to have):


  • Anthropophobia - Fear of people or society

  • Batrachophobia - Fear of amphibians

  • Cacophobia - Fear of ugliness

  • Chionophobia - Fear of snow

  • Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns

  • Cynophobia - Fear of dogs

  • Genuphobia - Fear of knees (aka "Sundstrom Leg Syndrome")

  • Herpetophobia - Fear of reptiles

  • Mageirocophobia - Fear of cooking

  • Ophidiophobia - Fear of snakes

  • Ornithophobia - Fear of birds

  • Podophobia - Fear of feet (esp. when you have that longer 2nd toe!)

  • Xenophobia - Fear of strangers

I am sure I prolly suffer from more (I could have Pteridophobia - Fear of ferns, but I immediately kill all my house plants so can't say for sure). And let's face it, I should just list Zoophobia - Fear of animals and be done with it.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot fear of having too much free time on your hands. You make me laugh mommy.

Katie said...

i LOVE it! i would add "Fear of Sea Creatures" but i'm pretty sure that only i have that... :)

Laurie said...

oh no that would be on my list too, so i only swim in swimming pools (tho I also have fear of little blond girls in blue speedos...)

Meg said...

...with bundle outlines in their speedos.

Sue said...

maybe that's why meg and b have a fear of bundles - or is that constipation??? I forget . . .

Laurie said...

our family: a shrink's dream! BTW Peeps, I do NOT fear free time, I can always find something to do as you can see ;-0

Unknown said...

Yes you do, but I think you fear having nothing to do with your free time. And it could be worse. At least you don't fear the lines in the swimming pool that mark the lanes (ala Blythe T.)...

Laurie said...

I don't think there is an official name for that one...

Meg said...

So many fears, so little time. God I'm glad there are people out there like me...Ryan just doesn't get it.

Laurie said...

no Repub could possibly understand. They don't HAVE fears, they CREATE them.