Monday, December 31, 2007

The BEST Way to Celebrate New Year's Eve


Fageddabout partying or drinking yourself stupid. WE WENT YARN SHOPPING. And at a good sale! Holy Threads here in Spokane is closing (boo hoo, why can't it be the yarn troll up on Indiana) and they are having a 30% off everything sale.


I scored bigtime with patterns. I must have bought 200 or so, most of which I'll be selling on Vintage Knits. And of course I bought yarn, how could I resist? Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a pretty lilac, for an Aran hoodie I think. Some Artyarn merino sock yarn. 4 skeins of red Cascade 220 superwash for a child's sweater. And some alpaca in green, and in lilac which will be enough for a hat and maybe gloves. Also bought "Mason Dixon Knitting" which Katie and I both liked a lot.


Pia got a lot of Fancy Nancy glitzy yarn to make fun scarves and 2 beautiful skeins of Louisa Harding ribbon for something or other...


Katie spotted a neat stole in boucle yarn, and got the pattern. They didn't really have a color that she liked, so she'll be visiting Knitpicks to see what they've got.


3 comments:

Sue said...

wow! is that the store we went to in the old b-n-b? what a score!

Laurie said...

yep and if you have 800,000 you can buy the house. I wish.

Meg said...

Sounds like a hoot, and without the hangover. Good work.