Saturday, July 30, 2011

Travels with Lavs

All of a sudden, I've got trips to take!  If you know me at all, you know I tend to stick to home (in a Paula Deen agoraphobic kinda way lol), so this is highly unusual.

Over the next month, I'm heading to Seattle twice (next week for a few days to help Susna get ready for a big ole moving sale -- really, you're moving?), then towards the middle of August for a week to stay with our Mom and try to find fun things to do with her.  Suggestions welcome.  Just remember she can't really follow movie plots any more so that's out, she gets cold easily, and she can't sit in the car for long periods of time.  Other than that, she's easy to entertain :-)

Then, as soon as I get back from Seattle, I'm off to Virginia for a week!  Can't wait to see my long-lost children way over on the East Coast.  Cara has let me know the weather is still AWFUL there, with the heat and the humidity.  I'm praying that the cicadapocolypse is over by the time I arrive.  The VA-ers aren't big museum goers, but I'm going to spend at least one day at the Smithsonian, and I hope to get to Mount Vernon this trip.  Colonial Williamsburg may be asking too much, but the Civil War Life Soldier's Museum is just down the road at the local strip mall, so yay!  Then we can scoot over to Bob Evans for some deep-fried everything.  And I may make a return visit to the James Monroe Museum in Fredericksburg, aka The World's Saddest and Loneliest Museum, just because the docents were SO happy to see us the last time we were there.  So what if there's not really much IN the museum (evidently J-Mon. left a lot of his furniture and whatnot in the White House, not realizing he was going to have to furnish a museum in 200 years).

So, lots of fun travel adventures await!  And of course I'll be documenting it all for you.  Now to figure out the hardest stuff: what knitting projects should I take?

4 comments:

Cara said...

we cant wait to have you here, and we are up for anything you want to do! although im not sure i can handle the monroe museum AND the soldiers life museum in the same trip...

Laurie said...

yeah that might be a bit too much excitement even for me :-) But I DID say we could go to Bob Evans afterwards. I am super excited to see you guys!

Sue said...

pack your grip and get over here!

Unknown said...

Yeah traveling! Can't wait for our adventure tomorrow. PS, you need to pick me up at noon in E-burg on Saturday. And what's this about Aunt Sue moving!? I'm not sure what to do with all this change. :) And as for projects, please take my sweater. I'm dying to wear it. Love you!