Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pickled!

I love pickled green beans.  Absolutely love them.  But they are super expensive (like $7-9.00 for a jar).  I bought a jar at the Farmer's Market this morning, which was 7 bucks.  So now I'm on a quest to acquire canning supplies so I can make my own.  So far, I found a box of canning jars at a garage sale for $5.00.  Now I'm on the lookout for a canning kettle.  Actually, I own one, but I use it for yarn dyeing, so unless I want to take a chance on poisoning myself, I need a second kettle. 

Soon, I hope to be snacking on "Lavs' Extra-Tasty Pickled Green Beans".  I'm sure once I've gotten all the supplies and the fresh green beans, it will only cost me about $10.00 a jar :-)

PS, Zaide, remember berry picking @ Frontier Village?  And making jam?  Good times!

6 comments:

Sue said...

i was thinking of taking the ladies out to remlinger's and picking strawberries and/or raspberries and making freezer jam this week!

Laurie said...

yay! They will love that.

zaideafraidey said...

Mary please come to B-Z's and pick raspberries. We have not had enough sun for them to be huge but there are alot of them. Check in with me to make sure I have not "harvested the berries". Love you bean idea L-Dine. I am going to send you some Wickles Pickles, they are delish. How is the walking going?

Laurie said...

does walking to the garbage can count? That's as far as I've trekked so far. Baby steps.

zaideafraidey said...

NO!!!! you get out there and get going. One great thing about exercise is that when you have not done it and you have weight to lose it does give that instant shock to the body and you will lose. Don't wait.

Laurie said...

yes maam. I was going to say "Hooray, Zaids! You're back!" but now I am thinking more like "Zaids, you're mean!" But walking program commences tomorrow.