Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yeah for Sisters!

One of the great things about having sisters is that you get their cast-off clothing (if you happen to be in town at the same time they happen to be cleaning their closets). Susan gave me THREE trash bags full of clothes, which made me very happy, as my wardrobe was pretty much reduced to old t-shirts and some really heinous flannel pj bottoms. Must be 15 pairs of khaki pants in the pile (she's nothing if not predictable in her slack purchases lol).

One thing she put in there that I didn't even know existed was a "hot flash" wicking nightgown. Great idea for us sweaty menopausal types! B, you need one of these!

9 comments:

Sue said...

just so you know - khaki goes with everything! are you actually keeping some of that stuff??

Laurie said...

oh yes, I'm keeping tons of it! I have NO clothes, so you are my supplier!

Sue said...

happy to do it! must be what got you the dream job!

Laurie said...

exactly! now I can go to work in something besides the 1 pair of khaki pants I already owned ;-)

Meg said...

She's been looking at the jammies forever and just doesn't quite get how they work...and that bothers her. So you'll have to pass the word along. Getting great hand-me-downs is the best, Lootie used to give me all her duds when I was little and I thought it was the all time coolest. And it's a good thing...a page gal has to look libraryish, don't forget the pencil.

Sue said...

oh anonymous - it is a wicking fabric - and you don't have to know HOW it works for it TO work

Laurie said...

it's MARY BETH, OF COURSE SHE HAS TO KNOW! Cuz that's how she rolls. I will sleep in the wicking pjs tonight and make a full report. And I'm already stocking up on pencils, chopsticks and support hose for my new job!

Unknown said...

I guess I should add my thanks too Aunt Sue, now maybe mom will slow down on how many of my clothes she "borrows" in a week. Although, now that she's a working girl, my teaching closet might take a hit...

Laurie said...

nah I don't need you anymore Rotch. Your closet is dead to me.