Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm a Finishing Fool!

I've been churning out the knitting projects like nobody's business! Here are two things fresh off the needles:
"Scandinavian Cardigan" #1 (of 4 I need to make before Xmas! yikes) This is a size 6, knit in Lamb's Pride Worsted. Turned out pretty cute I think.
And these are my very own "Say WA" socks (in honor of the state dept. of tourism, which thought THAT phrase was going to bring hordes of tourists our way...) I knit these from Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn, colorway #504 "Lakeview". I was aiming for a texture pattern that would evoke the wonderful lakes and rivers of Eastern Washington, along with the Sound and the ocean on the west side of the state.
This pattern (once I get it written up) is going to be published in an upcoming sock book. Will let you know when it is available!

2 comments:

Sue said...

this is such an inspiration for me - and it may even get me on the zillion pair of socks i need to make - somehow the sock yarn always so appeals to me

Laurie said...

me too! I have tons of it and yet I've only managed to make 2 pairs as of today...but we're all set for living in a bomb shelter, we'll be able to outfit all the holocaust survivors in purty socks.