Monday, October 15, 2007

A Walk in the Woods


We went for a good walk yesterday at Riverside State Park (got out of the movie, which was good cuz I started back on weight watchers yesterday and I know I couldn't have resisted the Bottomless Pit of Popcorn). Steve, Lorraine, the four boys and I took ourselves over to the Bowl and Pitcher and enjoyed a beautiful fall day. This is the Suspension Bridge you cross, a little SCARY. It def. bounces a bit when you get a lot of people on it. Alex was pretty nervous about it tumbling into the river, but we made it across safely.
We found a lot of interesting rocks (which somehow Grandma Laurie ended up carrying), saw a Blue Heron out on the river, and had a good workout walking for an hour or so. Then we went over to the Parlange's house for dinner, where we had a very healthy meal of chicken, couscous and salad. All WW approved!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Good job on the Weight Watchers! And it was a good thing you carried the rocks, doesn't working out give you more points? SCARY on the suspension bridge, don't you remember Galloping Gertie? Maybe you were feeling a little too brave for your own good Missy.

Sue said...

am I going to be the only little lotta around?? sheesh! everyone is working on weight loss - i was GOING to do aerobics imagery - but it made me too sweaty to think about . . .

Unknown said...

Don't worry Sue, Steve isn't anywhere close to giving up his goodies!

Katie said...

yay! good luck! i need to re-motivate, i did work out yesterday, but the Halloween candy is everywhere. :( you'll have to come over and we can do it together!!!

Laurie said...

I'm on day 3, so far so good (tho I did have a muffin for breakies this morning). Don't worry Susan, I will be a chubby lady for a LONG time! And love the Little Lotta line, I'd completely forgotten about her! BTW, Katie Lorraine had a whole bag of little Butterfingers and I didn't EAT ONE! Super strength!

Laurie said...

oh Megs, if you thought this one was bad, you should check out the Capilano Suspension Bridge in BC. I tried going across it ONCE, and turned around half-way and crawled back. That baby does some serious rockin and rollin

Unknown said...

I went across that this summer, and mom's not kidding about the rocking. the only reason I made it is because I had a youth group kid in front and one behind, pushing me across! And mom, you only didn't eat the BFs because you were afraid you'd lose a crown again! JK! I'm super proud of you.