Monday, October 15, 2007

Dream Job...


I just got back from an interview at the library! We live just a couple of blocks from our library, and they are hiring a page for part time work (I think this is normally a job they give to high schoolers, but hey, it's close by and still leaves me some free time, so I thought I'd try for it.)
This could fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming just like Mrs. Corner, the librarian at the old Bothell Library when we were kids. She would yell at me when I brought my books back late (as I nearly always did), wouldn't let kids check books out of the adult section, and refused to have Nancy Drew books at the library, as she felt they were trash. A great lady!!!
Should know if I get the job by tomorrow, wish me luck!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I guess I'm supposed to wish you good luck, but for your sake, I hope you don't get it. Could you think of a more boring job??? Constantly having to shush people with pencils behind your ear and hair in a chinese pig eye too tight bun. Maybe you should have worn the Princess L wig to the interview...you would have been shoo-in.

Sue said...

looks like megs hasn't been to the library lately - i wish you luck - we NEED to return the libraries back to the "corner" days

Katie said...

yay! that is so exciting... plus you'll be cute with a "chinese pig eye too tight bun" ;)

Lis said...

Good luck! I love going to the library.