Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yarn Yarn Yarn!

I've been in a real yarn-whore mood lately for some reason. My stash groweth mightily! And I seem to be obsessed on collecting enough sock yarn to have a pair for every day in the year (although I don't manage to knit it up nearly as fast as I purchase it). Here are some of my new goodies:


"Hogwarts Houses" sock yarn from Biscotte & Cie (damn it I've also discovered Etsy!) Hand-dyed in the house colors of the 4 houses at Hogwarts.

70% Merino 30% Seacell (is that seaweed? It's soft anyways) Not sure what this color combo is called but I like it.

"Watershed" from Neighborhood Fiber Co. (purchased at Wool Girl) in color "Grant Circle". Againa 70/30 merino/seacell blend. I am partial to this fiber artist cuz she names her yarns after neighborhoods in Washington DC, so I can think of my Car-Car and Tonsy while I'm knitting.


While I was vacationing on Lopez Island, I felt the need to purchase some souvenirs of my trip. Natch, I bought YARN. 8 skeins of natural color 2 ply worsted wool from Island Fibers. Maxine spins this lovely soft yarn and I have enough for an Aran sweater I'm going to design myself! Though Maxine claims to be a Luddite, she has a website and she said she'd check out Ravelry since I raved about it.

This cute pair o socks (picture only I haven't actually knit em yet) is a kit called the Swedish Ullared Sock, by Beth Brown-Reinsel. I bought mine on eBay.

Tip o' the iceberg, folks! I will be busy for many many months (years actually) with my stash!

2 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

hey Mary, are those the wood forms that I am looking for? Help me find them anyone...

Laurie said...

just sent you an email with 2 places that sell the wooden ones. Not quite as antique-y looking as these but they will work.