Friday, July 18, 2008

A New KAL

KAL= Knit A Long and I am getting ready to start my 3rd one. They are fun, you join a group and everyone knits the same project. This one is called "Secret of the Stole III", and it's a 'mystery' KAL as you get a 'clue' (part of the pattern) every week, so you really don't know what your project will look like till you finish.

Of course, a new project calls for new yarn (fageddabout using something I already have in the stash). And I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I ordered *two*:
"Peach Ice Cream" laceweight merino wool from the Yarn Chef (on Etsy)

"Rose Petals" silk & merino laceweight from Heritage Yarns (also on Etsy)

This project also calls for 622 beads which are knit into the stole, and I chose these Czech seed beads:


I will have to swatch and decide which is purtier! I've added a button for this KAL if you want to join in.

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Either color will look fabulous!! Great choices!