Sorry no pix but here's the Spokane to LA Road Trip 08 update:
- Knitting Project? Check
- Backup Knitting Project? Check
- Every possible knitting gadget I might need? Check
- List of every thrift store and yarn shop en route? Check
- Starbucks grande brewed coffee w cream? Check
Team Plack is ready to roll!
- Ipod? Check
- 2500 tunes uploaded to Ipod? check
- All 28 podcasts from the Ricky Gervais Show? Check
- Lots of cute, coordinated outfits and shoes? Check
- Starbucks grande nonfat caramel frappuchino, no whipped cream, or some drink I couldn't possibly order because it's too complicated? Check
Team Meowfoy is ready to roll!
And we're off! With the immortal thoughts of Karl Pilkington as our companion, we hit the road Wednesday morning, bound for the City of Angels. Somehow Lavs has driven all the legs with really crap weather (pouring rain in Oregon, heavy snow and high winds around Mount Shasta), but "Cherry" the Trail Blazer handles it all with no prob, and looks good too.
Tonight we made it to Sacramento, and Katie was able to obtain her Cali. nursing license before the office closed. So now she's legal for duty come Monday morning. We're tucked up in our Holiday Inn Express beds (with GOOD pillows, unlike the ones they normally use in caskets that were offered at the Travelodge in Grants Pass last night).
We treated ourselves to a movie since we've managed to stay on schedule thus far. "Atonement" which was excellent, if not exactly a feel good story...
We also made a stop this morning in Ashland to visit the Websters, a faboo yarn store. Katie bought some super cuddly kid mohair to make her stole, and I got a pair of Addi lace knitting needles for my hideous sweater project. They were well worth the $16.00, the sharp points make lace knitting so much easier and faster.
We plan to hit the big city tomorrow afternoon, and can get into Katie's apt. on Saturday. Will report on whether Marina del Rey is as ritzy as it sounds...