Friday, September 2, 2011

VA Day 4

Our plans to head out to tour Gettysburg seem to have fallen victim to a mass attack of laziness.  We are "lorca-ing" in front of the TV today, which seems to suit us just fine.  So no exciting tourist activities to report today.

I will give you a little "domestic" news:  I was warned to NEVER leave any food on the counter.  I forgot.  And my brand new box of Corn Chex is now laying out in the yard, torn to shreds by Lois.  GAH.  I had to eat a cinnamon roll for breakfast instead of my Chex :-)  Weight Watchers is suffering this week, as we are eating Southern Style (evidently the Virginians don't love veg)  but I'll get back on the program next week.  These people love Speed Channel.  I hate Speed Channel.  A showdown is looming...

4 comments:

Katie said...

oooh, that Lois is a sneaky one! no paper towel is safe either! :) you get lazy and let your guard down when you live with an angel like Lulu.

have fun lorca-ing! i've been so impressed with all your activities so far, i was wondering how long it would last!

Sue said...

I think any place east of Idaho does not know what a vegetable is (or that you can eat them other than fried). My friend Karen just got back from South Dakota and EVERYTHING was fried and no one had ever heard of a salad let alone fresh veggies . . .

Laurie said...

it's true, Lulu is such a good little lady she makes you forget the essential evil nature of dogs. And I've yet to see any fruit or veg (at least in the Longi household). Unless you count tomato sauce as a veg.

I guess I had better cook something healthy tonight!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a lazy day to garner energy. Love that you were a Lois victim. When I was there, she stole enchiladas! Try not to kill them over Speed Channel; that will not get them back to WA.