|Random group of weird kids on August 6, 1954. I'm going to pretend they are celebrating my birth|
It was a Friday.
Emilie Dionne, one of the Dionne Quintuplets, dies of asphyxiation following an epileptic seizure at Sainte Agathe, Quebec. She was the first of the five to perish, and three of them lived into the 21st Century.
And apparently NOTHING other than my arrival happened on this date in 1954. So I'll give you some fun facts about August 6:
- Lucille Ball was born (1911) Other notable August 6 babies: Andy Warhol, M. Night Shyamalan, Ginger Spice
- The atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima (1945)
- The electric chair was used for the first time (1890)
- World War I began (1914)
- Gertrude Ederle became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1924)
- The Beatles released the album "Help!" (1965)