Our baby Brother Jon has moved to Spokane, thanks to a clever bit of match-making by me :-) Seattle/Everett's loss is our gain, and here's a list of the many reasons we LOVE Jon (ps, I haven't snapped a pic of him yet, you'll have to make do with this one from Chase's Facebook page. That's Jon in the snazzy orange shirt).
1. He's not afraid of color. Despite the neighbors' comments, he's fearlessly painting Lorraine's house a "Browne's Addition" color combo of green, rusty red and blue.
2. He is a great cook. Who knew? Last week, he made a crab in lettuce wraps that was TDF. Once my mouth stopped burning from all the hot sauce.
3. He tells Lorraine her house is "too loud and too emotional".
4. He makes up songs for the boys. Mikey's special song is "Mike P." as sung by a trucker. It's as funny as you'd expect from Jon, I will try to get it on video.
5. He makes my friend Lorraine very very happy.
6. He has taught the boys everything they need to know about 'narding' (punching each other in the nuts), how to give a good heart massage, limpy, Buddhist Palm, and various wrestling moves, how to make a bow and arrow out of stuff you can find in the woods, how to make a 'switchblade' from two pencils and a rubber band (thank you St. Brendan's Catholic School for that bit of knowledge), how to use an ax, a hammer, a knife and a saw, and how to be a real man.
7. He is still 'shaky' and crabby in the morning until he has had some sugar and some caffeine.
8. He is totally happy with the simple things in life.
9. He's still the funniest guy I know.
10. He's HERE, and I love it!