Thursday, September 3, 2009

Creative Writing

Lorraine just gave me this journal entry Liam wrote last year, which I totally love. He is a phonetic speller, so keep that in mind:

" One time are famule went kamping and we went fishing. Alex tolt Loure (that's me) to hold his fishing pole. So she did and Loure cot a fish. Loure did not ixpect it. She was srprist. Loure gave the pole back to Alex and told him wat happind. Alex was srpriesed to. He laft hardr and hardr!"

All true, and how kute is that!?

9 comments:

Lis said...

You were not kidding when you said he is a phonetic speller! Cute

Sue said...

That must be the new way of teaching for journal writing (at such a young age) - Tate's writing looks similar to that and is just as sweet.

Laurie said...

I don't know if it's the way they teach it or just letting the kids do their thing. In any case, it's super cute! and why don't we ALL spell like this, it's much more sensible.

Katie said...

sensible? it took me like 5 minutes to decipher! ;) but super cute, love the little story.

Laurie said...

this from the girl who misspelled 'yellow' the first round of her spelling bee...

Unknown said...

That's totally how spelling develops. He is at the creative spelling phase which all kids go through, and which does make total sense unlike our scrapnoodle language. I love the story of him laughing at you catching a fish. Such a good story teller.

Laurie said...

He has a million stories! Will have to collect more, he's quite the journal writer.

Meg said...

So cute. I'm with Katie, I couldn't decipher famale for like a day (just realized it's family not female). I missed 'ocean' in the spelling bee.

zaideafraidey said...

well I am too old, they did not have bees when I was in school. Love that you think that English is scrapnoodle P.