Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's Nice to Live with a Baker

I hate to bake.  Never have enjoyed it.  Except for the occasional pie, I stay away from baking.  Not that my current weight reflects that.

Lucky for me, Pia LOVES to bake.  She is a veritable tornado of flour, butter and cocoa powder.  And when I browsed through this month's Martha Stewart Living and saw this 6 Layer Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake...well, I knew it was synchronicity.

I showed her the mag, she did the rest.  And cleaned up her mess too :-)  I'm waiting for her to get home to have a piece of this for dessert.

Even though I'm not a huge cake fan, this combo of sweet and salty sounds perfect.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that you waited for me. The caramel sort of melted into the chocolate layer (maybe I needed to let it cool longer?), but it sure did taste delicious! The caramel was a perfect balance to the dark chocolate. That's definitely going to school on Monday so we don't eat it all! And I did clean my dishes (well except for two that are soaking). I like to keep my kitchen tidy when baking. :)

Meg said...

I hate baking too. Don't let Pia come to my house. That's the last thing we need. Ry could eat that in one sitting.

Laurie said...

I don't think ANYONE could eat even one whole piece of this at one sitting, it is so rich!

Unknown said...

It was ridiculously rich. We ate slivers. I took it to fellowship last night, and school today to get rid of it. I only had two little slivers, and I think mom had 1 piece. I was pretty proud of our self-control.

Laurie said...

I actually had 1/2 a piece. It was not humanly possible to eat a whole piece.