Thursday, November 26, 2009
I have so many things to be thankful for this year (which hasn't been the greatest year personally):
1. the four best children in the universe. How did I get so lucky? Because they unfailingly have my back, are smart, successful, funny as can be, actually read books and know a thing or two, are beautiful, have all (or almost all) of their teeth, and are loyal to the nth degree. LOVE YOU ALL.
2. a fabulous family. My sisters are the BEST. And they have wonderful daughters and sons who make any family get-together a delight. Plus there's a new generation of Sundstrom girls who are going to be a great addition to the family!
3. the four wildest, wackiest, and wonderful boys (I spelled that 'wounderful', which may be even more correct lol) to take care of daily. I shudder to think what my life would be like without my daily dose of RJ, Liam, Alex and Mike P. Thanks, Lorraine, for letting me be 'Grandma Wowe' to your gang. Hopefully, introducing you to Jon was sufficient payback :-)
4. knitting. This is my daily therapy (not necessarily cheap therapy, but portable). I have been knitting pretty much non-stop since about 1972, and have a sweater, a shawl and some socks in my own drawers to show for it. But hopefully I've provided a steady stream of gifts to those I love.
5. books. Since I discovered "The Big White House" in first grade, I've always had a book in my hand. Laura and Mary Ingalls, Betsy, Tacy and Tib, Nancy Drew, Harriet the Spy and The All of a Kind Family were my best childhood friends, and I still love opening a new book and discovering what's inside. No Kindle for me! Paper books 4EVER!
Hope you all have a happy turkey day!