A day late, but happy birthday to my beloved little sister The B. That's her down on the right with the blond hair (and we still have those same legs, don't we?).
Here are some random observations about the B:
1. She has long been known as 'Beaner Cleaner' and if you know The B, you know that is a PERFECT nickname (on top of her nickname B-Z, which is also perfect). She could have made millions just cleaning people's houses and keeping them organized.
2. But instead, The B opted for lifetime employment at Ostrom's Drugs in Kenmore. She started there in high school (not going to say how many years ago, but I believe they were still delivering drugs by horse and wagon lol) She is the heart and soul of the store, and when she retires, they're just going to have close the store.
3. She's always been a good athlete, which made me envious to no end when we were kids. She could ride a bike, ride a horse, do backward somersaults and probably even cartwheels, plus skied like a mad woman. None of which I could (or can) do.
4. The B used to collect pigs. She had some good ones and a lot of crappy ones. She quit thank God. Of course, that makes gift buying for her a tad more tricky.
5. I was a pretty mean big sister; when my best friend and I played Barbies, The B either got locked out of Susan's bedroom or if we HAD to let her in (she was a major tattletale), then she had to be Ken, Midge or the dog. I also hit her on the head with my arm (which was in a plaster cast at the time), with a wooden tennis racket, and I believe with an apple thrown full force (see #3 above, and you'll know she didn't get hurt all THAT bad). However, in my defense, I'm sure she deserved all of the hitting.
6. The B always inspired my imagination. Not only were we the creators and co-editors of the late lamented newspaper "Bits O' Fairy Business", but I created the timeless duo of "Beetsie and Braid" just for her. I think Beetsie was the good girl and Braid was the brat.
Anyway, I hope your day was full of fun and presents! Maybe I will make up a new Beetsie and Braid story and mail it to you for your BD :-) Love you!