Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Great Day!



Seattle is a thrifter's mecca! I spent the day armed with a little cash and a full gas tank, and shopped the thrift stores to my heart's content. Even better, none of my children were with me, so I didn't have to hear any exclamations of horror about being dragged into said thrift stores.




Tomorrow, we are hanging out with various family members, not doing much of anything, if I understand the program correctly. I'll be knitting away on my current project, the 'Scandinavian Cardigan' from Cottage Creations. I'm knitting this in Lamb's Pride worsted weight in Aran, plus dark red, blue and purple (or green not sure which yet) for the colorwork. A gift for my little godson!


8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I went thrift shopping yesterday in Ballard and got some great finds! Enjoy and happy shopping

Laurie said...

where in Ballard! I haven't hit that side of town yet!

Meg said...

That's hilarious. Joc, I just told Laurie about your great finds in Ballard. And I love that you look at her blog!

Laurie said...

sure, if JOC does it, it's ok. If I do it, it's trashy. ;-)

Sue said...

just to get on back to the "fluther" of the blog - got first leg done - measured - ummm - way narrow - was using size 7 needles instead of 8 - so have started on leg two with the correct size and will do other leg when less traumatized - did you hand me wrong needles on purpose, Lavs, so you would keep the "most finished" record???

Laurie said...

oh good lord! Just remember her legs are like sticks anyways. And I did NOT give you wrong needles on purpose! I must need a better filing system for those darn needles. ;-)

Sue said...

it's all good - i have to remember it is the process that i like and not necessarily the finish . . . and the afghan came out great after i soaked it in hair conditioner for a few hours!

Laurie said...

I want a picture of that afghan, it's magnificent (and great that it will not be the blanket of death, trapping anyone who is underneath it)