Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Breaking of the Fellowship

It had to happen...

I've had a wonderful summer with all four of my kids here in Spokane (in the same house even!)  If you know me, you know there's nothing that makes me happier.

My "little buddies" Cara and Tony have been home every day while they were job searching.  Which meant daily card games, lunch together, knitting lessons, adventures in canning and cooking, and my favorite -- scouting every thrift store and estate sale in town in search of inventory for my store.

It's been heaven.  But it's over.  Tony headed to Montana today to start his new job (he's working for a company that stocks convenience stores, with his territory Eastern Washington, Idaho panhandle and W. Montana)  He'll be based in Spokane, but traveling several days a week.  Cara starts her new job as a service writer at the local VW dealership next week.  With horrible hours (M-F 7-7 ugh)

So it's back to me and the dogs at home all day.  Boo.  But I'm happy they both found jobs in this terrible market.  So there's that.

3 comments:

Meg said...

7-7 M-F...WTF? That's a looooooooooong day(s). Sorry Lavs. You come this way and hang out with Carsie. I am sure he would sit and knit with you.

Laurie said...

Isn't that the WORST schedule!? And I'd love to hang out with Carsie, he and I could watch PBS shows together :-)

Sue said...

yay that they found jobs! and it is easier to find a BETTER job if you already have something going . . . and you were lucky to have all that time with them this summer! I don't think it will be possible to teach Carsie to knit OR watch PBS . . .