Saturday, February 12, 2011

Victorian Writers Club

There are all kinds of fun knitting clubs one can join (with all kinds of ways to part you from your hard-earned dollars).  I just got my first package from the Victorian Writers Club.  The idea is each knitalong is designed to go with a Victorian book; you get a fun package with a special yarn, an exclusive pattern and a bunch of little things that go with the book.

Our first readalong/knitalong is Sherlock Holmes' "The Sign of the Four".  I am listening to it on my Ipod, and my "Sherlock Holmes Mystery Kit" package just arrived.  It's so cute!

I received: one skein of hand-dyed Zen Yarn Garden Sock Yarn in "Hound of the Baskervilles" (a mahogany sort of color), a pattern for "The Sign of Four" socks, A Sherlock notebook in which to jot down my own curious incidents, a zippered pouch with clocks on it, a little round wooden box with clock pattern, an orange and clove scented Sherlock soap, a stitch marker, a Sherlock pen, a Sherlock bookmark, a Sherlock pin, and a Sherlock gift tag. 

Elementary, My Dear Watson!  I want to start this immediately, but have a long list of other projects I must do first.  But maybe I can sneak it in...

2 comments:

Sue said...

OOHHH!!! I just got my first kit from Loopy Ewe - and almost done with my third mystery kal from Criminal Minds . . . with a new one to start shortly. So Fun - and I actually get things DONE!!!

Laurie said...

love Loopy Ewe!