Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This and That

Nothing exciting going on here, folks.  Jon is filling in for me on the nanny front; word on the street is that Mikey is none too happy with this change in leadership and may be planning a prison break.  I'm pleased to report that  the family penchant for nicknaming is going strong with Jon in charge.  Mikey is currently going by "Minky" and the big brothers are sometimes known as Frank, Ira and William Tankovitch (3 idiots from Idaho charged with hate crimes).  Jon himself goes by the handle Johnny Bravo.  :-)

Still waiting to get scheduled for my CT scan on the arm, as noted this is dragging on 4EVER.  Steve mentioned several times that 'they are going to have to re-break your arm'  when they finally get around to surgery.  Thanks, Mr. Good News.

I loaned my minivan to Jon so that he could drive the boys around to their various appointments, classes etc.  Today, I'm going to attempt to take the bus to the library to pick up dvds of seasons 2 and 3 of Mad Men.  Not sure how that's going to go, but hoping no one will bump into my arm or otherwise scar me for life by talking to me.

Still not able to knit, which is beyond hideous.  I have literally always had a knitting project in hand every day for the last 40 years.  It's really weird and boring to just sit and watch tv without knitting.  I am not a fan.  On the other hand, my left wrist feels really good since I'm giving it a rest from knitting, typing, etc. 

Things that are really hard to do one-handed/right-handed:
  • cut slices of cheese for my morning bagel
  • carry anything larger than a piece of paper
  • use a fork (I am not good at eating without spilling even at the best of times)
  • open a jar, wine bottle, pill bottle, etc.
  • fold laundry
  • blow my nose
  • put on deoderant
  • shave legs/armpits.  I went 2+ weeks without shaving, NOT pretty!
  • dry my back after bath/shower
  • wash hair
  • floss! I need to get some of those 'pick' kind of dental floss things bc it's impossible to use floss w only 1 hand
  • use nail clippers
The list could go on and on.  Thank your two hands today, people!

That is all.  Life is pretty dull here, folks!

4 comments:

Lis said...

When you're out buying floss buy some pre-sliced cheese too! I seriously cannot believe how long it's taking them to figure this out. WTF is the deal? Are you on Group Death?

Cara said...

make your daughters slice your cheese for you!!

Unknown said...

This list is a bit of a misnomer... these are things that are impossible for a lefty to do with their right hand (or most of them anyway). And for the record, her sweet daughters have been slicing cheese for her bagel for her!

Sue said...

I L.O.V.E. that Jon is having a hand in raising these boys - they will never forget it!