Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Knitting Event I wish I could Attend!


Eleanor Roosevelt is my personal hero for many reasons, including the fact that she was a lifelong knitter. Here's info about a knitting related event that I'd love to attend!

Eleanor Roosevelt and A Life of Knitting: A Community Knit In
Date: September 9, 2007 Time: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PMLocation: Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site
Details:
Eleanor Roosevelt was a strong champion of human rights and a ceaseless needlewoman. Whether she was attending a political convention, or working at the United Nations, she had her workbag with her. Knitting provided a useful activity for Eleanor Roosevelt, as she was listening and observing. Knitting gave her comfort and connection to family, friends, and causes.
I love this picture of Eleanor holding FDR's drink and FDR holding her knitting.


You can get more information about this event here

No comments: