The girls are nagging me for not blogging so here are some random observations:
1. FINALLY! Trader Joe's opens today! Three Buck Chuck! Lime-Chili Cashews! 90 Second Brown Rice That Doesn't Cost $3.00 A Bag! And so much more. Can you tell we are super-stoked to have our own TJ's? Katie wanted to be there at 8:00 am for the Grand Opening. It's 8:08 and she just got up, so I think that plan died a timely death.
2. Cara, you can skip this one...Project Runway pulled another cray-cray result and Anya is this season's winner. I love her and I can see where the judges were coming from in making her the winner, but still...it's a surprise. I mean, the lady CAN'T SEW. She's about at my skill level, and that is not a compliment. But she doesn't have to sew now that she's the winner right?
3. Speaking of Cara, she is now less one gall bladder and a large gall stone. I THINK she's going home from the hospital today. Virginia hospitals evidently differ a bit from those in Spokane. When Katie had her GB surgery, they spit her out the door as soon as she woke up in Recovery. No namby-pamby nursing care in the hospital here! You're awake, you're breathing (more or less), you're out. Get well quick, Carrie!
4. We have a FANTASTIC costume to make for Lucy this weekend. I won't spoil the surprise, but will just say it was my brills idea, which Katie refined to create the perfect get-up for our Miss Lucy Lou. Since Katie spent about $40.00 on the materials to make said costume, we now HAVE to actually make it. It's going to be awesome!
5. And here's a picture Pia took of Mikey and me at the XC meet. I love this kid's perfectly round head so much: