Monday, March 28, 2011

It's On the Way!

We all have our secret literary vices, books we love that we might need to put in a plain brown wrapper when we're reading them in public (maybe THIS is why I should get a Kindle after all).

Mine is Jean Auel's "Earth's Children" series.  I love these books, even though they probably aren't the most highbrow reading material.  She does spend years researching each book, so at least there's a lot of archaeology to be learned. 

The latest book is on its way from Amazon!  I can't decide whether I should tear through it as fast as I can read, or take it slow and savor it.  After all, she only publishes a new one about every 10 years.

Thank god for Ann Rule and her yearly true-crime book, my other secret reading vice.

Now not secret.  You know my shame.

6 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

okay I am in (or out) too. She disguises throbbing breasts better than most. do hate Ann Rule though, maybe not her writing but on one trip to Pullman Bob and I got her book on tape. We quickly learned NEVER hear a book read by the author. Her voice was so bad we were seriously contemplating driving off the road and killing ourselves in a wheat field.

Laurie said...

agreed, NEVER listen to the author read their book. Unless it is Bill Bryson, who is perfect.

Can't believe you hate AR though. She's awesome!!! And she totes would have written about you two if you'd been found dead in a wheat field.

Lis said...

Used to love AR. I am a wuss though and after kip went to the airlines I had to put em down. A few too many trips to my parent's house in the middle of the night.

Unknown said...

Lis, I love that you had to sleep at your parents. I'm soooo that girl. Mom, I can't wait to tear into the new Auel book too. I ordered it on my Nook so that I could read it in secrecy. she is a small step up from a romance novel. And I am not an AR lover. Too scary for me.

Cara said...

this is so rotch!

Meg said...

Glad you didn't drive off the road...you were probably on your way to visit me...which meant a trip to Walmart!