Friday, March 18, 2011

Hanging out with Zaide

my sister is possibly the world's best grandma (along with my other sister Susna), and I'm so jealous of these gals with their grandbabies.  While I was in Seattle last week, I got a chance to accompany "Zaide" on her weekly outing with the girls.  Poor Hadley had a bit of a flu bug and couldn't go (although she begged to be allowed to come along, promising to "take my red medicine" so she'd be well), so it was just Maddie and Allie on our trip to the Science Center.  I haven't been there since my kids were little, and evidently science has advanced a tad in the last 20 years.  We had a grand time, although Allie was NOT impressed with the animatronic dinosaurs.  Here are some pix of our day:







These little girls are so cute!  Allie's fudgies were TDF, and Maddie's braids, love them.  Mads is endlessly curious, completely fearless and her favorite thing was the NAKED MOLE RATS exhibit.  GAK, those things were hiddy. 

After the SC, Zaids and I had lunch and visited with Megan, Hadley, and CARSON! who was wearing his Monster Pants, which fit like a glove.  No, I didn't get any pictures, damn it.  Hads and I snuggled on the couch and watched Caillou, which is her current favorite show (why do kids like that bald kid?  He's super annoying).  Carsie is getting bigger by the minute.  What a cute family!  Jealous x a zillion.

5 comments:

Lis said...

so fun to actually see pictures of zaide wednesday events. glad you were able to come along. the girls had a blast!

Katie said...

fudgies? love. Sambas? love. those girls are WAY too cute, and glad you got to play grammy for the day!!!

zaideafraidey said...

adored having you along for the ride, I will share with you anytime. AND thanks for the pics, as you are aware I actually did bring my camera...dead battery-I cannot win!!

Laurie said...

oh you are way too busy guiding, chasing, explaining and generally grandma-ing to take pix too. You NEED a photographer to capture the moment.

zaideafraidey said...

you're hired!!