Sunday, August 19, 2007

All Quiet on the Western Front...


we took the twins home this morning, and they were happy to see their Mama and brothers after 5 days with Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Steve. We had a great time, but man, you really need to be young and strong to keep up with 6 year old twin boys! We def. will be logging some nap time as we recover from the hooligans.


On the knitting front, I am nearly finished with the first sleeve on my Kauni cardigan. I managed to find a #5 11" circular needle, which I was able to use on the sleeve until I had to switch to #3 needles to work the ribbing. I love the tiny circ. needles, they make doing sleeves, socks etc. so easy. Of course, they aren't everyone's cuppa tea; the very short length of the cord between the needles can be hard to get used to, and your hands can cramp using these shorties. I find that keeping the work right at the tips of the needles, and making a real effort to keep my hands from gripping the needles tightly helps the knitting to proceed smoothly.
I'm listening to the Mariners v. White Sox game on the radio (why isn't it on tv? poop sandwich on that!) and working on my Kauni cardi. Or napping, depending on whether Steve will give up the couch...

No comments: