Friday, June 10, 2011

Trying to Keep Up

with the weekly organic veggie & fruit delivery.  This just arrived:

1 6oz Container Organic Blueberries
1 Bunch LOCAL Organic Spring Onions
1/3 Pound Organic Mixed Salad Greens 

1 Pound Organic Red Seedless Grapes
2 Ears Organic Sweet White Corn
1 Pound Organic Tomatoes on the Vine
2 LOCAL Organic Fuji Apples
3/4 Pound Organic Fava Beans
1 Organic Ataulfo Mango
1 Head Organic Butter Lettuce
1 Pound Organic Valencia Oranges
3/4 Pound Organic Carrots
1 Organic Ruby Grapefruit
1 1/2 Pounds Organic Russet Potatoes
3 Organic Bananas


Though I will say that I didn't get the fava beans, the spuds or the corn, dang it.  Sometimes they run out of stuff and have to make subs.  Not sure what I got in replacement for there, other than 1 sweet potato (which I hate).  

I have tried to eat at least as much fruit & veg as I throw in the compost bin.  So far, the compost pile is doing pretty well.  But I'm planning on grapefruit and mango for breakfast, and I'm making a stir fry right now with some of last week's bounty o produce :-)

No comments: