Thursday, June 16, 2011

Packing Her Grip

Katie and Lucy-Lou are heading out to camp for the weekend.  Getting the suitcase packed is known around here as "packing a grip" :-)  I packed her dog food, a plastic bowl, a couple of toys and the all-important tennis balls.  She is ready to go, and watching out the window for her mom to get home.

It's going to be awfully quiet around here this weekend without my girls; Pia has headed out to camp for her summer job.  Fingers crossed the weather gets nice!  I can walk down to Manito Park for a free concert Friday night and do some gardening if the weather chooses to cooperate.  Otherwise, it's house cleaning.

9 comments:

Sue said...

you will go out in public BY YOURSELF???!!! You are amazing!

Laurie said...

MAYBE. MAYBE.

Katie said...

YAY! i LOVE this piccie, it is just SO Lucy. Always waiting for something exciting to happen... And thanks for packing her grip! :D

Katie said...

also, how much do i love that you use "grip"? Definition: Older Use . a small traveling bag.

So presh.

Laurie said...

it's such a great word, makes me laugh every time.

zaideafraidey said...

go to the concert...wish I was hanging with you.

Sue said...

makes me laugh too - I remember Toddie always asking if we had packed our grips . . . love it like 60!

Lis said...

Enjoy your quiet time! I'm guessing that since you're now rocking a shag toilet cover (thank god there are no boys in your house) that you stayed in. Weather sucks here again. Of course...

Laurie said...

did not go out after all, weather WAS crapola (again) I fear there will be no summer at all. Watched the M's game instead, yay! We are somewhat good this year!