During my long, boring drive home from Seattle, I had plenty of time to ponder things that make me smile:
2. Calling the fat dogs across the alley "Piggy and Munchy". Everyone needs a chubby pair of some persons or animals they can nickname Piggy and Munchy. It's a guaranteed day brightener. I also got the intel from Lisa that P & M earned their mean nicknames the summer they stole plums from our tree (like we were going to eat them) and then engaged us in a cross-street rock war.
3. How much little kids love wearing bandaids. I'm talking to you, Ms. Logan.
4. Finding a single ripe strawberry in our patch and eating it before the slug does.
5. Learning that Southwest is having a 3 day fare sale, and just happening to have money in my bank account! So I bought a ticket to DC for dirt cheap.
6. Listening to 5 hours of songs from my junior high school days on above-mentioned trip across the state. Most of them were heinous. No need to relive that musical era, central Washington radio stations. But it was still kind of fun and it kept me awake.
7. Seeing what a tiny shrimp our mom is. She's about as big around as my pinkie. And I'm the Incredible Hulk when I stand next to her. She's still feisty though.