Friday, February 29, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I came home sick today, the hideous flu bug is eating me alive. Thinking a little daytime TV might give me the will to live I turned on "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". Lord Have Mercy, this movie is a riot! Madea is the utterly fab gun totin' grandma played by Tyler Perry, and she is an absolute hoot. Here are a few of her lines:
(To anyone) "I am a diabetical. I got to eat!"
(To Brenda, Helen's husband's new girlfriend) "I ain't scared a no po-po. Call the po-po, hoe! CALL THE PO-PO HOE!"
(Brenda) "If I call the police, they're gonna be here in ten minutes" (Madea) "Okay. Then that leave me nine to beat the mess outta you" (Brenda) "I know taekwondo!" (Madea) "And I know whomp-your-arss!"
If you haven't seen this movie, go immediately to the video store and rent it! Every time Madea is on screen, you'll be dying with laughter.
School mornings are busy mornings! For some of us anyway...Mikey, Riveria and Alex devote a little pre-school time to the Gameboy (not very long, Mom, don't hate!)
Talk about being ahead of the gossip curve.
Hope you and your darling family have a wonderful celebration! And just let Ry know that Hads' (lack of) hair obviously doesn't come from YOUR side of the family.
"Ping! Your Wish Is Granted!"
Looks like she got her stripper pole eventually...
Peeps was never content to accessorize like the other girls; if the perfect match for her one piece red zip-front suit was a pair of lime green baby socks, so be it -- too bad if they had to go on her hands. One must suffer for fashion
Always smiling! Pia visits with the big guy (and asks him about the possibility of returning her little sister for something more fun like a book or Barbie outfits...) However, she was a good sport when Santa revealed that not only did she have to keep the sibling she had, but two more of the little attention-grabbers were in the works.
Happy day to the ultimate first child and big sister! We Love You!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
OK who is sending me boots! I got this package in the mail the other day, with a very cute pair of Frye boots in them. NO packing slip or anything, and I know I didn't buy them! Unfortch, they are not quite my size, but they are so cute, I'd be willing to wear thick socks with them or stuff the toes with kleenex ala M-Prent.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
He's also sauntering along with his hands in his pockets, too cute!
"You have a bone in your arm, and it has a button on it. When you move that bone, you press the button, then it makes the farting noise. But don't tell my mom."
Sounds logical to me!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
I just downloaded the first book in the series ("Betsy-Tacy"), and am listening to it while I work. Great fun! And I just discovered there is a Betsy-Tacy Society which sounds like just my cuppa tea. Don't tease me, I can't help it!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
...Laying down for a 'power nap' when you have been up since 3 am! I was just going to catch 40 winks, and woke up at the time I am supposed to be picking the boys up from school! Yikes! Cuz it's a 30 minute+ drive from our house to the school! Luckily, Lorraine had come home because Liam had a tummy ache so she was able to get the little guys. And she promised not to fire me from my nanny duties.
Man, we have to move closer, the drive is too long! Not sure the White Rose can handle 50 miles a day driving (and I know I can't!) We found a cute rental very close to the P's house, with a backyard swimming pool (with slide), swingset and clubhouse. Oh yeah, the house is nice too. I think we are going to put in an ap. Not that we want to move (again! always write our addy in pencil people), but it sure would be handy to be on the same side of town.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
1. we went to Mickey D's to play on the 'toy' due to the hideous weather. I had promised to buy apple dippers for the gang, but I forgot my wallet at home. Liam told me he was starving, and I explained I didn't have any money to buy food. He looked at the table next to us with its tray of leftover food and said "Can't we just eat garbage?"
2. Riveria looked over every single bouquet at Costco and brought me a bouquet of two dozen roses! And he wrote me a note this morning that said "I love you". How sweet is that? Of course, he also wrote me a note that said "bring snow shovel after school or ELSE".
3. Liam again: we were looking at a print that his mom has hanging on the wall, and he was asking how it got made. I explained that the artist painted what was in their imagination, and he asked "Does he see pictures in his mind like I do?" Probably not nearly as wonderful as the ones you see, Liam!
4. Alex and I have a real 'soul connection', it's great being his godmother. He's been loving having me nanny for them, and every night when I tuck him in, he asks me to wake him up as SOON as I get to their house in the morning. The other night, Lorraine was tucking him in, and he asked her with a smile "I wonder what we'll get to do with Laurie tomorrow?" I always get a big hug and kiss from him every morning and night, and it's great to be loved!
5. Michael is such a little rascal! He copies EVERYTHING his big brothers do. Whether it's flying off the couch to land on the piled up cushions, flying down the snowy street with a brother on the sled, or making karate moves, he is all over it. He loves the 'grrr' sweater I knit for him, and though he's not using many words yet, he is a pro at communicating. He wanted to wear it the other day, so he 'acted out' the dog and the grrrr and pointed to his tummy to show where it was supposed to go.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Praise Jebus, I took the boys to Ash Wednesday service at their church this morning. We all got the ashes on the forehead and other than some rolling under the pews down toward the front of the church (I made sure we sat in the very last row), the little guys were very good. Here they are in their ashy glory on the way to school (cuz what could be cooler than going to school with official religious dirt on your face?) BTW, the priest must have been a real newbie -- he forgot the collection. Prolly the only Catholic priest in the world who would forget to collect the $$$ lol.