Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spaz Alert


My family knows I am the world's WORST bike rider. I didn't 'master' bike riding until I was 12 (to be honest, I've never really mastered bike riding...) But I persevere. Today I got out Bertie the Townie Cruiser for her maiden voyage of '09, and Steve and I biked down to the local cafe (all of 6 blocks away). I hadn't been on the bike for more than two minutes before I took my first spill of '09. For no apparent reason, I tumbled off my bike and onto the pavement. So here's my first elbow scrape of the year!


Nothing a little Neosporin didn't fix. But I'm still amazed at my absolute inability to handle a bicycle, even one with only 3 speeds and coaster brakes...

7 comments:

Katie said...

love it. and love you and your terrible bike-riding skills.

Unknown said...

Perhaps you should get your ears checked. Clearly your equilibrium is a bit off!

Cara said...

god i love this about you!

zaideafraidey said...

I am with Pia, can't imagine why you are so spilly sponks. This does not even begin to compare to the fall you took on your maiden voyage, makes P&F bundles a non story people.

Laurie said...

It's just the way I roll, people. Or don't roll. And I still have nightmares about flying down Madrona St. with my feet off the pedals and crashing into the side of a moving van (parked thank goodness). Too bad we didn't have video cams back in the day.

Sue said...

where are your elbow pads, woman???

Meg said...

Maybe you need to go to Hadley's physical therpist and work on your balance skills. That was the first thing they scared us with when we brought her in...they said she wouldn't be able to ride bikes or ski if we didn't fix her. Just saying', it must run in the jeans. I could let you borrow her 'hug vest' next time you ride.