Friday, May 30, 2008

The Week in Review


I'm getting complaints and calls regarding my possible demise because I haven't blogged this week, so here's what I've been up to.
Took the boys over to the park with a package of water balloons! Woot Woot! Nothing better than throwing and exploding stuff. Here's Mikey with a missile, getting ready to find a victim. Unbelievably, there was NO crying or fighting over hitting each other with the WB's. Well, I did whine a little bit when I got targeted.


Finished my "Sox" socks, and they turned out nicely. These were made using the 'generic' sock pattern in Ann Budd's "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns". The yarn is Berroco Sox, which I liked a lot. Reasonably priced and a pleasure to knit (with).
Today I pick up Katie at the airport! She's coming in for a weekend at camp, I think they are sandbagging the place or something, due to high water on the lake (hope you bring a LOT of mosquito repellant KT!) I'm hoping she gets to spend a little time with us, too.
What else? Watched a couple of Mariners games (trying to remain a loyal fan despite their general suckiness), trying to finish some of my UFO's (that UnFinished Objects to the non-knitwits in the group), and started another pair of socks, just because I am a little bit obsessed with sock knitting right now. Oh and made my first car payment! ARGH. Only about a million to go and she'll be paid off.

2 comments:

Cara said...

so glad that i was able to confirm you are still alive! the socks are cute!!!

Laurie said...

yep alive and kicking. Though not finding much exciting to blog about ;-)