Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Great Escape


Snowday #2 and we're getting a little stir crazy (not to mention there isn't anything good to eat here and by that I mean no junk food). So the three of us decided to walk up to Alby's.



Of course, Steve, being a man, decided he could drive the car up there, despite the fact that there's a foot and a half of snow in the street. We did get out of the driveway, I'll give him that. Then immediately got stuck. So Pia and I ended up walking. Of course I fell down on the way back, cuz what is a walk in the snow without someone ending up on their ass? Soft landing, no damage done.


Why oh why didn't I stay in Cali with Katie when I had the chance.


6 comments:

Meg said...

...because you'd still be sitting outside her apt. waiting for a locksmith.

Laurie said...

good point.

Unknown said...

I again defer to the wisdom of my mother that nothing is funnier then someone falling down. If only my camera had been out a bit faster for the faceplant...

zaideafraidey said...

and I understand the snow is still falling, will you ever get out. We could come try to save you but it doesn't look like anyone will ever get over the pass. Bob is in great fear that his "path" to the cabin is non existant and we will never find the house.

Katie said...

no, nothing funnier than the face plant in the snow! :) glad to hear it was a soft landing at least...

Laurie said...

we will NEVER get outta here again. There is so much snow! And I'm thinking cabby-cab may be lost until spring the way things are going. You guys better get snowmobiles and a snow blower (and then we will borrow them so we can escape our neighborhood)