Monday, January 10, 2011

Two Thumbs Up

The girls treated me to a movie yesterday (good thing, I about passed out when I saw how expensive tickets are now.  I'm used to the free kid's movies at the Garland)  We saw "True Grit" and it was great! 

Being an  old, I read the book and saw the original movie back in the 70s, and this remake is outstanding.  The acting is great and the script stays close to the book's tone (read the book, it's good too!)  The girl who plays Mattie is excellent and of course Jeff Bridges is awesome.

5 comments:

Katie said...

loved it!

Unknown said...

Ditto! Amazing. Thanks for seeing a movie with us mom. It was fun to have you along.

Lis said...

movies are crazy expensive. just went to my first one in YEARS! (black swan)

zaideafraidey said...

gosh I remember that movie from long ago too, did not know it was being remade, will try to go but also want to see Black Swan and Country Singer, so will probably end up going to none!! Love your reaction to how $$ tickets were...sounds just like mom!!

Laurie said...

need reviews of Black Swan, it looks weird but interesting. And I guess getting the vapors over ticket prices IS a sign that I'm getting ancient :-)