Sunday, March 29, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Y'all remember the super-annoying Kenley from last season's (I think) Project Runway? I actually liked her clothes, but man her personality (and that voice was enough to make you want to cut her.
She just got busted: "the reality star allegedly attacked her sleeping ex-fiancé with her pet cat, water, several apples and a laptop".
That is too funny! Well not for the ex, but for us out in blog-land.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Katie and I have taken quite a few road trips together: DC to Spokane, Spokane to LA, and of course lots of them from Spokane to Seattle. Our most recent adventure prompted me to think about why I love em so much!
1. Crop Signs on Fence Lines along I-90. Makes me so happy to know what's growing beside the freeway!
2. Learning new skills, such as driving over mountain passes through raging snowstorms or hurricane force winds.
3. She shares my obsession for someday eating at a Bob Evans restaurant.
4. She brings her IPod, and is a good sport about letting me listen to stuff I like rather than the stuff she likes that I've never heard of. And she never complains when I sing along, even though I am tone deaf.
5. She always has the latest podcasts from Ricky Gervais.
6. She's an excellent driver, so I can relax when she's behind the wheel. And she hardly ever tries to grab the steering wheel when I'm driving :-)
7. She doesn't really have to stop and pee all that often.
8. She only grumbles a tiny bit when I insist on stopping at a thrift store.
9. She doesn't yak incessantly. In fact, she mostly plays with her Blackberry so I hardly even know she's there.
10. She invites me to come along! As a mom, this is quite an honor and a joy.
Of course, I also love to travel with Peeps, Cara and Tony. But don't get to do that as often. Where is our next destination, Katie? I'm ready!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
This is the first of my new designs - called Say "WA" Socks that will be featured in a forthcoming book
"50 Socks - 50 States". This huge multi-sock, multi-designer book will be released ONLY on CD, with previews at the June TNNA show.
The Publisher, Dr. Laura Andersson of Sirius Knitting Publications www.SiriusKnitting.com is collaborating with Susan Druding & Crystal Palace Yarns, who will also be distributors.
"50 Socks - 50 States" is Volume 3 of the "Friendly Socks" series of books, which are multi-designer compilations - bet you will find some of your fave on-line designers here!
The CD will include sock designs that cover the full gamut of imaginative sock fun
ribbing, beading, cables, cuffs, fair isle, intarsia, and lace
with novel sock construction, directions for socks including top-down, toe-up, double-pointed needles & both 1- & 2-circs
diverse sizes too! socks for infants, babies, toddlers, children, teens, women, & men as well as at least one holiday stocking!
You will SOON be able to find more pictures and details at http://SocksandMorewithCPYblogspot.com and > http://siriusknitting.blogspot.com, as well as on www.Straw.com and here on my own blog.
The CD-only release will run $19.95 (plus shipping, where applicable) and can be obtained from many yarn shops
as well as from Dr Laura firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We'll keep you posted!
Blue Belt – The color blue represents the sky. Reminding the student to reach for the heavens and continue their Tae Kwon Do journey.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Megan: and here I am years later, all dressed up for Halloween with a ginormous plastic up-do! Oh wait, maybe this is for the prom! I forget now! But it definitely was my birthday yesterday, so y'all need to bow down to me, bitches!
Happy birthday to our precious Fendi! Love you doll!