Katie and I have taken quite a few road trips together: DC to Spokane, Spokane to LA, and of course lots of them from Spokane to Seattle. Our most recent adventure prompted me to think about why I love em so much!
1. Crop Signs on Fence Lines along I-90. Makes me so happy to know what's growing beside the freeway!
2. Learning new skills, such as driving over mountain passes through raging snowstorms or hurricane force winds.
3. She shares my obsession for someday eating at a Bob Evans restaurant.
4. She brings her IPod, and is a good sport about letting me listen to stuff I like rather than the stuff she likes that I've never heard of. And she never complains when I sing along, even though I am tone deaf.
5. She always has the latest podcasts from Ricky Gervais.
6. She's an excellent driver, so I can relax when she's behind the wheel. And she hardly ever tries to grab the steering wheel when I'm driving :-)
7. She doesn't really have to stop and pee all that often.
8. She only grumbles a tiny bit when I insist on stopping at a thrift store.
9. She doesn't yak incessantly. In fact, she mostly plays with her Blackberry so I hardly even know she's there.
10. She invites me to come along! As a mom, this is quite an honor and a joy.
Of course, I also love to travel with Peeps, Cara and Tony. But don't get to do that as often. Where is our next destination, Katie? I'm ready!