Friday, September 25, 2009

Harvest Time

Steve and I finally couldn't wait any longer (well I couldn't wait) and we dug up our 'potatoes grown in a garbage can'. Not bad! We got several pounds worth, and even a few good sized ones. We are taking the spuds camping tomorrow (we are camping, the spuds are going along for dinner lol), and I think they will be delish cooked in foil.

Next year, we'll plant fewer per can, and have several cans going. This was soooo easy and didn't have to weed even once.

6 comments:

Cara said...

i think im gonna have to try that next year

Katie said...

or you could move back, and just eat some of mom's...

zaideafraidey said...

your potates look fab, maybe I will make myself to a few veggies next year.

Meg said...

Wow! Look how 'green' you are! Maybe make Meem's famous potato salad?

Meg said...

Good one Kate;).

Laurie said...

yay Katie, I will be happy to plant an extra can just for Fred and Irene. Maybe I will bring spuds to the wedding for tater salad.