Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This and That

Odds and ends from this week:



Lots of new knitting projects, because my attention span seems to be awfully short. I always have a pair of socks on the needles and my latest is from "Sock Innovations" by Cookie A. Here is a pic of my sock in progress using "Zauberball" sock yarn, which has cool rainbow-y colors:




I'm hoping these will actually fit me; Cookie A. socks seem to be designed for people who don't suffer from the dreaded cankles.



Here's #3 square in my cashmere Aran afghan. This one was dead easy :-)
Steve dug up the garden for me, and we are going to plant veg this week! I'm excited to have a garden, it's been a few years. Here's a pic of our front porch with 2 new planters. Hope the frost doesn't strike again or my pretty geraniums and petunias will be toast...



And here are some darling art projects by Liam. On the left is Mr. Skunk, center is a sweet tulip and on the right a smiling bumblebee. His class has been studying bees, so we are all about pollen, nectar, stings, hives and honeycomb lately. Grade school art is the best!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Liam originals and the Laurie Ann projects. Great work Mom!

zaideafraidey said...

what a darling house, and are you modeling those socks?

zaideafraidey said...

meant to say what a darling little Toddie house. Where is the mail slot to the left of the door?

Laurie said...

totally should be a mail slot! It IS a miniature toddie/baba house, which is why I love it so much. And no, that's the picture of the model in the book. If I were modelling the socks 1. you'd see very hairy legs, and 2. you'd see very stumpy legs.

zaideafraidey said...

just figured you lost the 20lbs in the ankles (that is one of my hopes in life!!)

Laurie said...

I am hoping to lose it in the chubby knees.