Monday, October 6, 2008

I Love My...


new Glimakra wooden yarn swift! The old reliable metal swift finally bit the dust after 10+ years of hard work holding my skeins of yarn for winding. The new swift is the large size so it can hold BIG skeins of yarn, and it looks beeyootiful too!

Here's why I can never be trusted with anything mechanical: I took my new swift out of the box last night so I could wind a couple of skeins. I couldn't get the 'arms' to swing out. I thought I had to cut off the little metal band down at the base of the swift to get it open. The band was super hard to untwist or cut so I asked Pia to try it. She figured out that all I needed to do was unhook one of the strings at the top that was caught. THANKS P! I can just see my new swift collapsing in a useless heap had I succeeded in cutting that band! GAH.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love mine too - and with the heavy duty ball winder i have, i can wind ANYTHING

zaideafraidey said...

yes, thank goodness for Pia. I have done that very thing...the old if it doesn't seem right...

Sue said...

or Baba's maxim: always through away the instructions first!

Unknown said...

Anytime Mama. I am here for all your techie needs!

Sue said...

I am such a dork - it is supposed to be THROW