Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get Your Fair On!


The Spokane County Fair is coming up! I am going to enter two things this year, just for fun (you all may remember my last fair debacle about 20 years ago: I entered a beautiful hand knit Fair Isle Pullover with steeks, and it was disqualified with a note from the judge saying it was obviously machine made. Hmph!) I'm going to enter my Mystic Light shawl (the one in Kauni Rainbow yarn) and my Pirate Mittens (which means I will have to actually make mitten #2).
Can't wait to see what the judges say this year!

8 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

hey L-dine I remember well when you were disqualified, they probably had good reason, no one in Monroe had EVER knitted something that spectacular before (or since) hopped right on the site when you proclaimed sure death with no comments...DON'T DO IT!!!

Unknown said...

I love it mom. Good luck with fair attempt number 2

Cara said...

good luck! hope the second time around ia better than the first.

Lis said...

Good luck. Kip always tells me, and family/friends, that story. That sucks but I'm sure you'll do better at take 2

Sue said...

That happened to me too! But my pal, Arlene the machine knitter of the world, said, "I know this woman, she would NEVER touch a machine" - and I won!!

Laurie said...

I need an Arlene obvs

Sue said...

i remember when that happened to me at monroe, too - but my friend arlene, the machine knitting queen, said that she knew me and knew i would never machine knit - so they let me in and i won!

Sue said...

what is going on with your blog?? I KNOW i left a comment on this yesterday - and now - NOTHING - have you banned me???