Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Sister the Mad Volunteer


And we all know I mean B-Z! This woman is tireless, and has been volunteering for some sort of civic endeavor for as long as I can remember (I think it all started when we got to ride in the Bothell 4th of July parade and throw candy). Good thing she does, it saves the rest of the family from having to get off our keisters.
This weekend, the B was "Shuttle Bus Chairman" for the Bothell Art Fair. Sounds like a pretty painless, no-brainer kind of job right? Just line up a shuttle bus service, post some signs and dunzo. NO. Not in good ole Bothell, where everyone has a 'good idea'! Poor B got herself a nemesis, some do-gooder idiot who not only complained to every person attending the fair (I swear) about how bad the signs were placed and how literally every possible route into Bothell should have had signs, she MOVED one of the signs, breaking it in the process, then complained that "there is no sign" in that spot!
Saint B-Z didn't do what I would've done (staple her to a stake and slap a directional arrow over the woman's big fat piehole), she moved signs around, repaired the broken sign, listened politely and kept a smile on her face. Volunteer of the Year!!!! Hopefully next year, she'll be smart and head to the cabin on art fair weekend.
The fair itself was charming, small but with excellent artists and in lovely surroundings at the Park at Bothell Landing. I meandered through the museum and old schoolhouse there, and had a grand time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

BZ is a saint! I would have gone with your method for sure mom! Did you buy anything at the art fair? Hope you're having fun!

Katie said...

either a Saint or completely off her rocker... and i'm leaning towards the latter... ;)

Laurie said...

lol, it's just B being B. Yes, Mimi bought me a really cute little chime thing, and I got a picture for someone who reads this blog...

zaideafraidey said...

Oh L, it was so much fun having you here, what a fun visit. I think I only stayed sane because I had you to complain to.....it was a fun little fair. And now that the stings and arrows have faded a bit I will probably...

Sue said...

and she got you all to herself! You better at least PHONE (on your hands-free) as you blast through town on your way home!

Meg said...

This story is hilarious! You are so funny L! Great to see you:).

Sue said...

you didn't say it was THE bothell art fair - bundles!