Monday, June 2, 2008

June Already!

I cannot believe that it's June! Only 9 more days of school (and trust me, the boys AND their teachers are counting down lol) We have a busy summer schedule with a couple weeks of summer school, our literacy program, taekwondo, reading program at the library, camping, and of course some kicking back at home. I will be full time nanny-ing Monday-Thursdays, so it's time to get the ole laptop repaired so I can blog on the go.




This week, I'm on duty for a couple of 'night shifts' as well, which is always an adventure. This morning, Mikey decided he wanted to paint, which was a lot of fun. Of course, I wasn't expecting him to paint his hands and arms up to the elbows, but it washed off easily ;-)




On a sadder note, Lorraine's faithful companion of 16 1/2 years died last night. Kaela was a sweet girl, a tad scruffy perhaps, but a good friend to Lorraine and the boys. They are all sad to see her go, but she went quickly and didn't suffer. We are going to have a little service for her, and plant a tree or shrub in her favorite shady spot in the backyard. Liam and I wrote a list of all the good things he remembered about her. I'll post that when I get a chance, it's very cute.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Kayla mom, but I'm glad to see that you aren't on doggy grave-digging duty. Have fun with the boys tonight! Maybe we can meet up later this week for dinner!

Cara said...

sad, kayla was a great dog for the boys and put up with all of their little boy stuff when they were growing up! i hate when pets die, it is too sad!!

Laurie said...

I know, we are all having a bit of a hard time dealing, esp. little Liam, our total soft hearted boy.

Cara said...

give him a big hug and kiss for me!

Unknown said...

New posts lady!